- Screening of employees who are at work,
- Provision of adequate sanitizers, gloves and masks always,
- Addition of employees’ transportation buses to allow for social distancing to be applied and also during circumstances where physical interaction is necessary,
- Working from home for employees who can perform their duties adequately in this way and communication utilising various technologies,
- Continuous awareness communication and campaigns,
- Reinforcement of prevention measures as advised by the Department of Health, amongst others being:
- the frequent washing of hands,
- controlled coughing or sneezing through the arc of the elbow,
- frequently cleaning of surfaces exposed to touching, and
- the sanitising of public areas periodically.
It is in line with this philosophy and OUR VALUES of doing the utmost to protect our employees that AEMFC supports the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy’s intention to intensify their mine inspection (scheduled and unannounced) to ensure strict compliance.
For us, ZERO HARM during these challenging times is key and will see our country through these trying times.
We therefore also encourage all South Africans to heed the call by the South National Command Council COVID 19 to adhere to all the preventative measures they have pronounced and without compromise for the health, safety and most importantly SAVING LIVES.