Drive the implementation and execution of all projects and day to day running of operations for financial and related results. Support the Board and CEO in the development of the company strategy and proactively and gradually position the organisation in the mining market as the national, regional, continental and global player as the company continues to evolve. Ensure alignment the implementation of the company strategy to the shareholder and mandate of government.
• A minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in Mining Operations and Business Development in Mining.
• At least three (3) years should be at Executive Management level in Mining.
• Strategic and practical leadership skills in mining operations.
• Indepth knowledge of the Mining value chain commodities
• Indepth experience and broad understanding of the South African, African and global Mining and Energy markets.
• Knowledge of Mining legislation and track record of compliance.
• Experience in leading business growth and mining operations.
• Interface with Board and shareholder for continuous alignment
• Financial management and information analysis capability intended for company decision making
• Experience in mergers and acquisitions or partnerships will be an added advantage
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBIITIES
• Develop, in collaboration with the CEO and relevant executives, Operations Strategy both short term and long term plans that supports the sustainability, growth and commercial viability of the company
• Develop and implement mining Projects, operational interventions and initiatives aimed at ensuring the company achieve its objectives.
• Assist the CEO in overseeing the company’s achievement of a satisfactory competitive position to its clients and potential clients.
• Direct, monitor and report development and execution of capital projects to ensure infrastructure rollout is achieved on time and within budget.
• Research and support the development of the long term strategy for the energy minerals markets in South Africa and the rest of Africa.
• Execute operations that increase market share of various commodity demands for both national and regional clients.
• Advise the Board, CEO and other executives about commercial development related to operations in relation to mining market trends, risks that could affect the future business.
• Liaise and align with group strategic projects and interface with key decision makers such as DMRE and CEF.
• Accountable for delivery of a growth strategy for AE.
• Develop strategic asset acquisition to achieve the strategic imperative of delivering security of supply mandate from the shareholder.
• Streamline current assets to ensure effective operational management and increased ROI.
• Advise the CEO and the Board on Operations, asset portfolio acquisition and divestments where required.
• Provide Return on Investment for all strategic high impact projects for AEMFC.
• Lead the structuring of commercial deals.
• Implement a centralised commodity trading function where required.
• Maintain good relations with key customers and achieve customer targets.
• Maintain good relations with key internal/external stakeholders internally for support and alignment.
- Hons/ Postgraduate degree in Engineering, preferably in Mining Engineering
- Government Certificate of Compliance (MMCC/GCC Mines and Works)
- Masters in Business Administration/ Leadership will be an added advantage.
Appropriately experienced and qualified persons should please submit their detailed CV’s to:- email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 31 January 2020
NOTE: The successful candidate will be required to undergo full vetting process by the relevant agency of government.
Should you not receive any correspondence within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment/promotion/transfer improves/enhances representivity at AEMFC (SOC) Ltd.